Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another airline pilot needing Kudos!

A Southwest Airlines pilot held the plane back so that the grandfather of a boy who was murdered could make his flight. 12 minutes it was delayed, so that the poor man could get his harried and grief-stricken soul through the soul-sucking morass that is modern airport security.

The epic line of the story is at the end of this little quote:

The pilot held the plane that was supposed to take off at 11:50 until 12:02 when my husband got there.

As my husband walked down the Jetway with the pilot, he said, “I can’t thank you enough for this.”

The pilot responded with, “They can’t go anywhere without me and I wasn’t going anywhere without you. Now relax. We’ll get you there. And again, I’m so sorry.”

Read the article here: Story link.

If only more people would understand that the grief of losing a child, or grandchild in this case, is beyond comprehension. This pilot deserves all the praise that we can send.

No comments: