Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What cat?

Mrs. Spit and I have two very friendly cats. Brothers, but you'd never know it to look at them. The little guy is a 10 pound basement cat - i.e. all black - while the bruiser is 20 pounds of tabbyness. Honest, he's only 20, though we thought he was pushing 30 until we weighed him the other day.

Today I ran across a rather fascinating image, showing a break-down of cat colouration pretty much from A-Z, and then some.

(Click on the image to embiggenate)

All I can say is the following:
1. I had no idea of the variety in cat colouration.
2. I have no idea where our tabby falls in that mix!

Clearly someone had some time to figure this out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is weirdly fascinating! My productivity is about to take a nosedive.

Thanks for sharing. :)

~Jessica

Ya Chun said...

It's funny you can't find your cat!

My cat seems to be a b&w #6